On the road today from a wet and windy National Park passing through some stunning scenery (some of it missed by some sleepyheads) to arrive in the Wairarapa in sunshine. We made stops at iconic NZ landmarks and town clocks!
1. The Giant Carrot in Ohakune where we discovered the delights of the Chinese vegetable memorial park (photo pick of the day)
2. The Giant Gumboot in Taihape.
3. The unbelieve-a-bull Bulls.
4. The Golden Shears in Masterton
5. The daffodil town of Carterton where we had a delicious Christmas dinner with Moira and Terry.
Finally to Silverstream which is our base for the next three days. Phew!